Boy, 11, reports mom to police for marijuana use
Drug agents served a search warrant on the home
HASTINGS, Minn. — An 11-year-old Minnesota boy who says he was fed up with his mom and stepfather filling their home with marijuana smoke took photos of the drugs and sent them to police, leading to their arrest.
Drug agents served a search warrant on their home in Ravenna Township near Hastings, last month and arrested Heidi Siebenaler, a Dakota County probation supervisor, and her husband, Mark Siebenaler. Both face charges in the case.
A criminal complaint says the boy told investigators he had complained numerous times to his mother about the marijuana smell. He finally took the matter to his biological father who told him to take pictures of the marijuana. The father then forwarded the photos to authorities.
Heidi Siebenaler tells KMSP-TV that her husband smokes marijuana for medicinal purposes.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman