4 Mexican men arrested after agents find 500 pounds of marijuana
The Associated Press
TUCSON, Arizona- Four Mexican men have been arrested near Ajo after U.S. Border Patrol agents found 500 pounds (225 kilos) of marijuana in the stolen vehicles they were riding in, authorities said.
The agents chased the three vehicles in the desert before they lost sight of them.
Other agents found the vehicles later and stopped them. Authorities said four Mexican nationals from two of the vehicles were taken into custody.
Inside the vehicles, agents found a rifle, cell phones and the marijuana.
The four men were awaiting drug smuggling charges, according to authorities.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman