Chicago drug sales: fueled by Mexican cartels?
Recent drug raid arrests netted suspects with ties to Zeta cartel; feds say they have contacts with many of the city's gangs
By Alejandro Escalona
Chicago Sun-Times (Commentary)
CHICAGO — Everybody has long known that Chicago has a gang problem, but we're just beginning to understand that we have a perfect storm brewing of street gangs with ties to the Mexican narcos.
Just last week, the Chicago Police and federal agents announced more than a dozen arrests in the city and suburbs in a coordinated drug raid. The authorities think the suspects arrested have ties to a Mexican drug cartel.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago drug sales: fueled by Mexican cartels?
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend