Chicago drug sales: fueled by Mexican cartels?
Recent drug raid arrests netted suspects with ties to Zeta cartel; feds say they have contacts with many of the city's gangs
By Alejandro Escalona
Chicago Sun-Times (Commentary)
CHICAGO — Everybody has long known that Chicago has a gang problem, but we're just beginning to understand that we have a perfect storm brewing of street gangs with ties to the Mexican narcos.
Just last week, the Chicago Police and federal agents announced more than a dozen arrests in the city and suburbs in a coordinated drug raid. The authorities think the suspects arrested have ties to a Mexican drug cartel.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago drug sales: fueled by Mexican cartels?
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court