Video: Police deploy TASER on LSD-tripping tourist
Suspect had "an adverse reaction" to LSD he took during a St. Patrick's Day celebration
By PoliceOne Staff
Video has been released in the death of a Brazilian tourist visiting Australia who was TASERed while on LSD.
Footage played in court on Monday shows Australian officers deploy a TASER on Roberto Laudisio Curti, 21, who police pursued on foot when he allegedly stole food from a convenience store in March, court statements indicated.
During the incident, Curti had "an adverse reaction" to LSD he took during a St. Patrick's Day celebration, according to Sky News.
In the video, four officers deploy their TASERs to take down Curti, who is heard being told to stop resisting arrest. Moments later, Curti stopped breathing and was pronounced dead at the scene. An investigation will determine the cause of death and if officers followed use-of-force policy.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy