Police 'rat' out marijuana culprit
Kansas police have had to reseal and reweigh the confiscated marijuana
By PoliceOne Staff
WICHITA, Kan. — Rodents have chewed through bags containing confiscated marijuana in the evidence department of the Wichita Police Department, causing the police to reseal and reweigh each bag,
During a press conference Thursday, Lt. Doug Nolte unveiled a sketch drawing of one of the rodent suspects.
"We do have a sketch artist that came and did a rendering of who we believe is responsible for the marijuana heist, and so, we are currently looking for something that resembles a mouse like this," Nolte said.
He told KSN.com that marijuana, being an organic material, has a very strong odor that would attract animals such as mice.
While they do have exterminators for the building, police say a rodent issue is a common occurrence.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms