3 smoke pot in NJ police parking lot
The men lit up in a car while they waited for a friend who was picking up paperwork for an impounded car
TOTOWA, N.J. — State troopers in northern New Jersey didn't have to go far to make a pot bust. They didn't even have to get in their cruisers.
Police say they caught three men lighting up in a car in the parking lot of the barracks in Totowa (TOH'-toh-wah).
What gave the men away? Police say a trooper setting out for night patrol caught a whiff of marijuana.
The three men were charged with drug possession. Police say they were waiting for another man who was inside the station picking up paperwork for an impounded car. He was also charged with drug possession.
Authorities say for some reason, the men didn't expect to see a trooper in the parking lot of the state police barracks.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert