Video: Calif. police confiscate 2 lb. joint at 4/20 celebration
The 4-foot creation violated the one-ounce California law, so officers confiscated it
The Daily Mail
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. — Thousands of students at the University of California Santa Cruz gather on campus on April 20 every year to celebrate '4-20' by lighting up marijuana at 4.20pm. One student went farther than most on Saturday when he unveiled a massive two-pound joint.
A video shows an officer carrying the four-foot-long joint. The owner of the joint is furious. In California, anyone with a prescription can legally possess up to an ounce of the drug. The two-pound joint is possibly worth $5,000 to $6,000.
Campus administrators at UC-Santa Cruz, 75 miles south of San Francisco, have long pleaded with students not to partake in the annual marijuana holiday. However, because the gathering is so large and because of the state's marijuana laws, authorities are largely powerless to stop the gathering.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman