Video: Brazilian police crash into drug smuggler aircraft
230kg of cocaine paste was seized and 5 were arrested by the end of the raid
SANTA VITAACORIA, Brazil — Dramatic footage from a Brazilian police raid shows them ramming a drug-smuggling plane as it attempts to take off.
The video, which was posted to the internet last Thursday, appears to show an intense few moments for Brazilian federal police in Santa Vitaacória. Gunfire rings out as the vehicle approaches a light aircraft from behind on a remote, dusty airstrip.
One of the car's occupants shouts urgently as the vehicle closes quickly, ramming and destroying the aircraft's tail. Brazilian news reports say five people were arrested in the raid which recovered some 230kg of cocaine paste.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert