Fleeing drug suspect choked to death on bag of cocaine
The man stuffed a golf ball-sized bag of drugs into his mouth as he fled, and couldn't breathe
By PoliceOne Staff
BRONX, N.Y. – Officials say a drug suspect police believed was either buying or selling drugs died after attempting to swallow a golf ball-sized bag of cocaine as he fled suspecting police.
Jose Muniz, 52, was involved in what police believed was a drug transaction Wednesday night when officers approached the suspect, according to the NY Daily News.
Muniz began choking and having difficulty breathing as he fled officers. The officers used chest compressions on him and emergency medical services responded to the scene.
An EMT was able to remove the bag of cocaine, but doctors were unable to revive him, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms