Pa. police: Driver disguised pot as Christmas presents
Randy Jesus Valdivia was caught in Marion Township transporting about 20 pounds of marijuana in large boxes wrapped as Christmas presents
Centre Daily Times
MARION TOWNSHIP — Somebody won't be getting their Christmas presents this year.
A Florida man is behind bars Friday after police said he was caught in Marion Township transporting about 20 pounds of marijuana in large boxes wrapped as Christmas presents.
Randy Jesus Valdivia, 38, of Surfside, Fla., was pulled over by state police during a traffic stop on Interstate 80 at mile marker 161 in Marion Township at 4:34 p.m. Thursday, according to state police at Rockview.
Police said they observed "criminal activity indicators," and they asked Valdivia for his consent to search his 2014 Dodge Caravan. Valdivia gave permission for the search, and police found the gift-wrapped boxes, they said.
They opened the presents, and inside found 40 individually wrapped vacuum-sealed plastic bags containing marijuana, police said. The street value was $160,000, they said.
Valdivia was charged with possession with intent to deliver, which is a felony, and transported to the Centre County Correctional Facility for arraignment.
Copyright 2013 the Centre Daily Times
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert