Puerto Rico officer killed in shootout, partner wounded
Agent Joaquín Correa-Ortega and Sgt. Victor Perez were both fired upon while undercover conducting an arms purchase
Duty Death: Joaquín Correa-Ortega - [Puerto Rico]
End of Service: 03/10/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
HUMACAO, Puerto Rico — An undercover agent was killed in the line of duty Monday and his partner was shot in the head but survived.
Agent Joaquín Correa-Ortega and Sgt. Victor Perez were conducting an undercover arms purchase at a fair in Humacao where illegal trade was common when at least one assailant opened fire, according to ODMP.
Four subjects were arrested and charged in connection with his murder.
The 36-year-old officer was a 12 year veteran with the Puerto Rico Police.
Perez was listed in stable condition following surgery.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend