Full list of ECD results
Police History: How a NASA scientist invented the TASER–
The electronic control device that is used today was invented by NASA aerospace scientist Jack Cover
FBI investigating Va. in-custody death–
Linwood Lambert Jr. died in 2013 after officers who brought him to a hospital for a mental health evaluation used ECDs to subdue him
NYPD plans to spend $4.5M on additional TASERs–
There are currently 700 TASERs in use by the department and another 1K in inventory
Car bursts into flames after border agent deploys ECD–
Family's attorney believes gas inside the vehicle was ignited by the ECD, causing the deadly explosion.
Video: Car bursts into flames after border agent deploys ECD–
Family's attorney believes gas inside the vehicle was ignited by the ECD, causing the deadly explosion
Man TASERed 40 seconds prompts investigation–
The suspect crashed his vehicle, fled, and threatened witnesses if they notified police.
Dallas police kill man in struggle over ECD–
Dallas police officers say they killed a man after he took a stun gun from an officer and pointed it at them.
Education: Smart use of ECDs–
In this PoliceOneTV video, Betsy Bratner-Smith speaks with Chris Myers, a senior Master Instructor for TASER Intl. about smart uses of electronic control devices.
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID(99)
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies(71)
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released(70)
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case(43)
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend(31)