Ark. officer shoots suspect holding knife
The Associated Press
Police say Officer Carson Addis shot 21-year-old Joe Ellis Christian after an argument among him and other officers. Police say Christian is being treating for his wounds at a local hospital.
Police say Addis and other officers arrived at the home where the shooting took place after dispatchers received several 9-1-1 calls. Police say on 1 of the calls, a woman told dispatchers Christian had a gun and a knife and he was going to "take off" on an officer.
Addis and the two other officers present during the shooting are on administrative leave pending both a criminal and internal investigation into the shooting.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help