Ark. officer shoots suspect holding knife
The Associated Press
Police say Officer Carson Addis shot 21-year-old Joe Ellis Christian after an argument among him and other officers. Police say Christian is being treating for his wounds at a local hospital.
Police say Addis and other officers arrived at the home where the shooting took place after dispatchers received several 9-1-1 calls. Police say on 1 of the calls, a woman told dispatchers Christian had a gun and a knife and he was going to "take off" on an officer.
Addis and the two other officers present during the shooting are on administrative leave pending both a criminal and internal investigation into the shooting.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend