Texas officer fatally shoots woman who pulled butcher knife
The Associated Press
WHITEHOUSE — A police officer shot and killed a woman who was threatening him and her family with a butcher knife, authorities said on Wednesday.
Her husband, David Smith, said she had been admitted on Friday for treatment of bipolar disorder.
The Texas Rangers' early findings show the use of force was justified.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash