Texas officer fatally shoots woman who pulled butcher knife
The Associated Press
WHITEHOUSE — A police officer shot and killed a woman who was threatening him and her family with a butcher knife, authorities said on Wednesday.
Her husband, David Smith, said she had been admitted on Friday for treatment of bipolar disorder.
The Texas Rangers' early findings show the use of force was justified.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help