Texas officer fatally shoots woman who pulled butcher knife
The Associated Press
WHITEHOUSE — A police officer shot and killed a woman who was threatening him and her family with a butcher knife, authorities said on Wednesday.
Her husband, David Smith, said she had been admitted on Friday for treatment of bipolar disorder.
The Texas Rangers' early findings show the use of force was justified.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic