Calif. officers fatally shoot burglary suspects weilding yard tools
By Stuart Silverstein and Jack Leonard
Los Angeles Times
TORRANCE, Calif. — Two burglary suspects killed by officers are said to have been armed with 'sharp yard tools.'
The two home burglary suspects trapped in a backyard shed who were shot to death by Torrance police last weekend were not carrying guns but touched off the fatal showdown by moving "aggressively" toward officers with "sharp yard tools," the city's Police Department said Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help