Calif. officers fatally shoot burglary suspects weilding yard tools
By Stuart Silverstein and Jack Leonard
Los Angeles Times
TORRANCE, Calif. — Two burglary suspects killed by officers are said to have been armed with 'sharp yard tools.'
The two home burglary suspects trapped in a backyard shed who were shot to death by Torrance police last weekend were not carrying guns but touched off the fatal showdown by moving "aggressively" toward officers with "sharp yard tools," the city's Police Department said Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman