Man attacks Fla. officer with machete; suspect fatally shot
By Jerome Burdi
Related: Cal. officer discusses day he shot machete-carrying man
WEST PALM BEACH — A man closing in fast on police with a machete in his hand was shot at least twice and killed about 6 p.m. Wednesday on Summit Boulevard between Interstate 95 and the railroad tracks, police said.
It is unclear why Vladimir Bernal Niellas, 45, of West Palm Beach, lunged at officers, forcing one to fire, Capt. Pat Maney said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend