Pittsburgh man tries to stab K-9 and officer; suspect fatally shot
By Bobby Kerlik
The Pittsburgh Tribune
PITTSBURGH — An eight-year veteran Pittsburgh police officer shot and killed a Hill District man Saturday, police said.
Aucy Andrews, 59, was shot about 4:45 p.m. near the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Van Braam Street, Uptown, after police said he attempted to stab a police dog and began to approach a police officer with the knife.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court