Pittsburgh man tries to stab K-9 and officer; suspect fatally shot
By Bobby Kerlik
The Pittsburgh Tribune
PITTSBURGH — An eight-year veteran Pittsburgh police officer shot and killed a Hill District man Saturday, police said.
Aucy Andrews, 59, was shot about 4:45 p.m. near the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Van Braam Street, Uptown, after police said he attempted to stab a police dog and began to approach a police officer with the knife.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman