Rapper stabs K-9, fatally shot by police
The San Jose Mercury News
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Aziz Howard Raqmond James, a 24-year-old Santa Cruz rapper who grew up in Watsonville and Aptos, was considered a rising star in the Bay Area hip-hop community.
But James – known to audiences as Almighty Aziz – became suddenly violent at a party last weekend, according to relatives and friends. He stabbed two friends and a police dog, then was fatally shot by Santa Clara police officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Rapper stabs K-9, fatally shot by police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic