Officer honored for actions during knife attack
By Dennis Sullivan
The Chicago Tribune
JOLIET, Ill. — Richard Trafton won the Joliet Police Department's highest honor Tuesday, but his greatest satisfaction may have come when Jorga Sheridan thanked him for saving her husband from a knife-wielding assailant.
"You touched the lives of his parents, his children, his siblings and me," Sheridan said during the department's annual awards ceremony.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer honored for actions during knife attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic