Man defending sons from gang pleads guilty to slaying teen
By Emily Gurnon, St. Paul Pioneer Press
St. Paul, Minn. — Some 20 gang members had massed outside his house. They were approaching his three sons. He himself had been shot before. He was only trying to defend himself and his family, he told police.
But on Friday, Nai Vang cast his eyes downward as he sat in court and pleaded guilty to third-degree murder and second-degree assault in the Oct. 26 killing of an 18-year-old Brooklyn Park man.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend