L.A. man stabs SWAT officer during standoff
The man, who had barricaded himself inside an office at the store on Monday, is in stable condition at a hospital. One LAPD officer was stabbed in the hand with scissors when the SWAT team entered.
By Molly Hennessy-Fiske
The Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles police shot a man when he allegedly stabbed a SWAT officer with scissors after barricading himself inside an office at the Wal-Mart in Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza mall.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: L.A. man stabs SWAT officer during standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help