DA clears cop in shooting knife-wielding man
By Greg Goss
The San Diego Union-Tribune
SAN DIEGO — The District Attorney's Office has concluded that a police officer was justified in using deadly force in January against a drunk, knife-wielding man who stabbed the officer's police dog several times.
A letter issued Wednesday by District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis cleared Officer Lawrence Adair, who fired one shot from his .45-caliber pistol at Patrick Loren Gautier outside a Talmadge motel.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: DA clears cop in shooting knife-wielding man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman