DA clears cop in shooting knife-wielding man
By Greg Goss
The San Diego Union-Tribune
SAN DIEGO — The District Attorney's Office has concluded that a police officer was justified in using deadly force in January against a drunk, knife-wielding man who stabbed the officer's police dog several times.
A letter issued Wednesday by District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis cleared Officer Lawrence Adair, who fired one shot from his .45-caliber pistol at Patrick Loren Gautier outside a Talmadge motel.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: DA clears cop in shooting knife-wielding man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests