Hatchet-wielding man shot, killed at Ark. jail
MENA, Ark. — Authorities in Arkansas say sheriff's deputies shot and killed a man who walked into a jail wielding a hatchet and knives.
Officers say 23-year-old Christopher Allen Anderson entered the Polk County jail early Monday and demanded deputies begin releasing inmates.
Authorities say officers used a Taser on Anderson twice. Police say Anderson threw a hatchet at a police officer before deputies opened fire on him.
Arkansas State Police are investigating the shooting death. The sheriff's officers involved have been placed on administrative leave.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy