Off duty Calif. officer nabs suspect who stabbed deputy
By Jannise Johnson
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
NORCO, Calif. — An off-duty Pomona police officer tackled and detained a man after he attempted to rape a woman Saturday morning and then stabbed a retired deputy.
Riverside County Sheriff's deputies responded at 10:25 a.m. to a business in the 3900 block of California Avenue to a report of a robbery and stabbing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'