Off duty Calif. officer nabs suspect who stabbed deputy
By Jannise Johnson
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
NORCO, Calif. — An off-duty Pomona police officer tackled and detained a man after he attempted to rape a woman Saturday morning and then stabbed a retired deputy.
Riverside County Sheriff's deputies responded at 10:25 a.m. to a business in the 3900 block of California Avenue to a report of a robbery and stabbing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests