Ark. officer fatally shoots knife-wielding man
By Ginny Laroe
PIKE COUNTY, Ark. — A Pike County sheriff 's deputy shot and killed a knifewielding man while checking on the man at his home, authorities said.
The deputy and a state Department of Human Services worker went to the home of the farmworker after his boss reported that he had become ill and wouldn't seek medical attention, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ark. officer fatally shoots knife-wielding man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help