Calif. cop kills woman holding knife to mother's neck
Los Angeles Times
SAN DIEGO, Calif. — A San Diego police officer shot and killed a 47-year-old woman who was holding a knife to the neck of her 85-year-old mother, police said today.
The incident began Wednesday night when police responded to a domestic-disturbance call and heard screaming from inside a home in the Mira Mesa neighborhood. After forcing their way into the home, officers found the younger woman holding her mother on the floor of a bedroom with a knife at her neck, said Capt. Jim Collins.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman