Calif. officer fatally shoots machete-wielding man
The officers gave verbal commands to the suspect before shooting
By Demian Bulwa
San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — A San Francisco police officer shot and killed a 65-year-old man who came at the officer and a partner with a machete outside his home on Saturday evening, Police Department officials said.
The man killed in the shooting was identified by the city medical examiner's office as 65-year-old Edward Smith. The officers were not identified.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds