Calif. police kill man wielding knife
Inside the apartment were three children and the suspect's girlfriend, who was bleeding
By Henry K. Lee
San Francisco Chronicle
FREMONT, Cali. — A man who wounded his estranged wife's boyfriend and threatened to kill her was shot dead early Sunday by Fremont police after he brandished a large knife at officers, authorities said.
The slain man, a 34-year-old Newark resident whose name was not immediately released, was shot about 2:30 a.m. inside the Camden Village apartment complex at 38000 Camden St., said Fremont police Detective Bill Veteran.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. police kill man wielding knife
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court