Mass. cop shoots knife-wielding teen
"Shoot me, shoot me, I want to die," the teen yelled
By Richard Weir
The Boston Herald
A "distraught" 16-year-old brandishing a knife and yelling, "Shoot me, shoot me, I want to die," was wounded by a Weymouth cop early yesterday after he ignored repeated orders to drop his weapon, police and witnesses said.
"The police told him, `Put the knife down. Put the knife down. Put the knife down.' They said it over and over and over, at least a dozen times," said Cindy Alkanan, 40, a neighbor at the Lakeview Manor housing project. "Then I heard a gunshot. There were police officers around him. And all I could hear was a police officer saying, `Oh my God, it's just a kid. Oh my God, it's just a kid.' ... He was really upset about it."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. cop shoots knife-wielding teen
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help