Questions haunt NY cop's friendly-fire death
The plainclothes cop was shot when he arrived at a scene where cops had shot and killed a knifewielding Satan worshiper
By Selim Algar and Leonard Greene
New York Post
NASSAU COUNTY, NY — Nassau County cops say they're baffled as to why a colleague was fatally shot by an officer from another department during mop-up duty at the scene of a police shooting already under control.
Up to 10 minutes had passed Saturday night before shotgun-toting plainclothes cop Geoff Breitkopf arrived at the Massapequa Park, LI, home where officers had shot and killed a knifewielding Satan worshiper.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Questions haunt NY cop's friendly-fire death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman