Ill. cops kill man who lunged at them with knife
William Ladew rushed at them from a back bedroom with a large knife and was shot when he refused to drop the weapon
By Josh Stockinger
Chicago Daily Herald
NAPERVILLE, Ill. — Naperville police were justified in shooting and killing a troubled man who lunged at them with a knife, the victim’s brother said Tuesday.
"They had to do what they had to do," Joseph Ladew of Naperville said. "I understand it."
Two officers — one of whom was involved in a fatal suspect shooting nine years ago — shot 47-year-old William Ladew several times after responding to a report of a suicidal man shortly before 1 a.m. Tuesday at an apartment on the 1100 block of West Ogden Avenue, Deputy Police Chief Gary Bolt said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. cops kill man who lunged at them with knife
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms