Ill. cops kill man who lunged at them with knife
William Ladew rushed at them from a back bedroom with a large knife and was shot when he refused to drop the weapon
By Josh Stockinger
Chicago Daily Herald
NAPERVILLE, Ill. — Naperville police were justified in shooting and killing a troubled man who lunged at them with a knife, the victim’s brother said Tuesday.
"They had to do what they had to do," Joseph Ladew of Naperville said. "I understand it."
Two officers — one of whom was involved in a fatal suspect shooting nine years ago — shot 47-year-old William Ladew several times after responding to a report of a suicidal man shortly before 1 a.m. Tuesday at an apartment on the 1100 block of West Ogden Avenue, Deputy Police Chief Gary Bolt said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. cops kill man who lunged at them with knife
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house