Machete-wielding man shot by LAPD
Man attacked a taco truck patron and was Tasered to no effect before being shot
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES - A machete-wielding man, who allegedly had hacked a diner outside a taco truck and later was shocked with a Taser by police officers to no effect, was shot by those same officers during a confrontation near downtown Los Angeles early Saturday, authorities said.
The man, whose name police did not release, was in critical condition at a local hospital. The victim he allegedly had lacerated several times with a machete remained in serious condition. His name also was not released.
The incident began shortly before 4 a.m. Police are still trying to understand why the armed man attacked the victim while he dined outside a taco truck on Beverly Boulevard, said Sgt. Mitzi Fierro of the Los Angeles Police Department.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests