Machete-wielding man shot by LAPD
Man attacked a taco truck patron and was Tasered to no effect before being shot
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES - A machete-wielding man, who allegedly had hacked a diner outside a taco truck and later was shocked with a Taser by police officers to no effect, was shot by those same officers during a confrontation near downtown Los Angeles early Saturday, authorities said.
The man, whose name police did not release, was in critical condition at a local hospital. The victim he allegedly had lacerated several times with a machete remained in serious condition. His name also was not released.
The incident began shortly before 4 a.m. Police are still trying to understand why the armed man attacked the victim while he dined outside a taco truck on Beverly Boulevard, said Sgt. Mitzi Fierro of the Los Angeles Police Department.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic