Toronto cop stable after stabbed in neck
Shots were fired before the officer was wounded
The Canadian Press
TORONTO — A Toronto police officer is in stable condition in hospital after being stabbed in the neck during an altercation that began during a routine traffic stop.
Insp. Peter Callaghan says shots were fired before the officer was wounded in the incident late Sunday in the city's north end (in the Bathurst-Wilson area).
"As a result of some interaction with a member of the public, there was an exchange of gunfire with an individual," said Callaghan.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Toronto cop stable after stabbed in neck
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house