NYPD officer stabbed in head
Officer Eder Loor, 28, emerged from surgery late afternoon Tuesday
By Joseph Goldstein and Andy Newman
The New York Times Blogs
NEW YORK — A call to take an emotionally disturbed man to the hospital ended in a life-threatening injury for Officer Eder Loor, 28, who emerged from surgery in late afternoon.
A man with a concealed knife plunged the blade into the left temple of a police officer responding to an emergency call placed by the man's mother on Tuesday morning, the police said.
The violence broke out on Third Avenue, not far from the man's building in East Harlem, after the officer, Eder Loor, 28, and his partner told the man he had to be taken to a hospital, as his mother had requested, the police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD officer stabbed in head
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house