Md. officer kills man armed with sword
Suspect swung a sword and struck a shield the officer was carrying
REISTERSTOWN, Md. — Police in suburban Baltimore are investigating the fatal shooting of a sword-wielding man by an officer executing a warrant.
Authorities said Baltimore County police went to a Reisterstown home late Thursday seeking two other people for a Howard County shooting.
Police say a Baltimore County officer killed 48-year-old Ronald Cox Jr. after Cox swung a sword and struck a shield he was carrying. The officer, whose name has not been released, has been placed on administrative review pending a review.
The Baltimore County officers were executing a Howard County warrant at the home. Howard County Police say the officers arrested two people charged with attempted murder for a June 19 attack on a 15-year-old boy in Marriottsville.
Police say a third suspect in that attack was arrested in Randallstown Friday afternoon.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests