Pa. cops shoot man sought in machete attack on woman
Two Buena Vista Township officers confronted a man after locating his abandoned vehicle
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A man wanted in connection with a machete attack on a woman this week in Vineland, N.J., was shot by police Friday evening in Atlantic County, authorities said.
About 6 p.m., two Buena Vista Township officers confronted Eugenio Morales, 43, after locating his abandoned vehicle, said Haleigh Walz, spokeswoman for the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office. Morales allegedly attacked the officers with a weapon, which was not described, and at least one officer opened fire, wounding Morales.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help