Pa. cops shoot man sought in machete attack on woman
Two Buena Vista Township officers confronted a man after locating his abandoned vehicle
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A man wanted in connection with a machete attack on a woman this week in Vineland, N.J., was shot by police Friday evening in Atlantic County, authorities said.
About 6 p.m., two Buena Vista Township officers confronted Eugenio Morales, 43, after locating his abandoned vehicle, said Haleigh Walz, spokeswoman for the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office. Morales allegedly attacked the officers with a weapon, which was not described, and at least one officer opened fire, wounding Morales.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy