Police: 1 jailed, 1 unhurt in Pa. chain saw attack
A Pennsylvania man is behind bars after police say he went after his housemate with a chain saw
TURBOTVILLE, Pa. — Pennsylvania man is behind bars after police say he went after his housemate with a chain saw.
Seventy-six-year-old Guy Allen Black is being held on $100,000 bail after allegedly cutting through a door at the home he shared with Ronald Lee Tanner and swinging the chain saw at him.
State police say Black became irate after Tanner changed the locks on the home he owns in Turbotville, Northumberland County.
Black allegedly entered the house through the basement and used an ax and chain saw to cut through an interior door before chasing Tanner outside.
Investigators say the saw got stuck on Tanner's shirt and jammed, allowing Tanner to pin Black down with an umbrella.
Tanner was unhurt. It's not immediately clear if Black has an attorney.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform