Video: Vigilante draws samurai sword to stop train fight
Video shows two young men appearing to jump a third man, and a fourth man who appears behind them with a katana sword-in hand
By PoliceOne Staff
PHOENIX— A passenger on a Phoenix light rail train pulled a full-length samurai sword to break up a fight.
Video shows two young men appearing to jump a third man, kicking and punching him in the head. A man in a baseball cap then appears behind them with a katana sword-in hand, scaring the two attackers off the train.
“I was like, 'What the hell, who carries a sword?'," said Juan Vargas, who had taped the incident, told Fox 10.
"As soon as that guy pulled out the sword, everybody was like, 'Whoa'. It got really quiet and everybody was like 'Okay..okay, I guess don't do nothing to get him mad or don't upset him.”
The incident on Oct. 6 was not immediately reported to local law enforcement. It is currently under investigation by Valley Metro Rail and Phoenix Police.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court