NJ man charged with bow and arrow killing
The suspect used a compound bow and a quiver of arrows to kill a man following a fist fight
BERLIN, N.J. — A southern New Jersey man is charged with murder after authorities say he used a bow and arrow to kill another after a fistfight.
Twenty-five-year-old Timothy Canfield of Berlin was charged Tuesday.
Authorities say Canfield was at his home when another resident got into a fistfight Monday night with 25-year-old Kereti Paulsen of Cape May Court House.
After the fight broke up, authorities say Paulsen was outside the home and Canfield followed him with a compound bow and a quiver of arrows.
They say Paulsen was shot in the stomach and died after the arrow tore through a vein in his pelvis.
Authorities say Canfield admitted to dumping the bow and arrows in a wooded area in nearby Winslow. He is being held at the Camden County Jail.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help