Mass. officer speared by suspect following pursuit
A 2 1/2 foot double bladed spear pierced the officer through his armor
By Susan Spencer
Telegram and Gazette
NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. — A police officer was speared by a Whitinsville man early Friday morning after the man, who had a warrant for a revoked vehicle registration and suspended license, took off after being stopped by police in Milford.
Adam M. Tillison, 27, of 11 High St., was arraigned in Uxbridge District Court Friday on multiple charges including failure to stop for police, speeding (70-plus mph in a 30 mph zone), reckless driving, failing to stop at a red light, driving with a suspended license, driving with a revoked registration, having an uninsured motor vehicle on a public way, default warrant, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (double-bladed spearhead), assault to murder, attempted murder and possession of a dangerous weapon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend