Ala. officers serving warrant slashed with box cutter
A woman used a box cutter to slash three officers who were trying to serve her with a warrant, 1 was hospitalized
BIRIMINGHAM, Ala. — Police in Birmingham say a woman used a box cutter to slash three officers who were trying to serve her with a warrant.
Authorities say the three were trying to serve the warrant Wednesday afternoon. Police say one officer was hospitalized and two others were treated at the scene.
WBMA-TV reports that the injured officer was taken to the University of Alabama Hospital. Information on the extent of the officer's injuries was not immediately available.
Police say the unidentified woman was taken into custody.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend