Ala. officers serving warrant slashed with box cutter
A woman used a box cutter to slash three officers who were trying to serve her with a warrant, 1 was hospitalized
BIRIMINGHAM, Ala. — Police in Birmingham say a woman used a box cutter to slash three officers who were trying to serve her with a warrant.
Authorities say the three were trying to serve the warrant Wednesday afternoon. Police say one officer was hospitalized and two others were treated at the scene.
WBMA-TV reports that the injured officer was taken to the University of Alabama Hospital. Information on the extent of the officer's injuries was not immediately available.
Police say the unidentified woman was taken into custody.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house