N.C. man attacks cows with SUV, box cutter
Police found the man covered in blood, fearing that his attack involved other people
The Hickory Record
MORGANTON, N.C. — Two cows have been euthanized after authorities allege a Valdese man drove his SUV off Poteat Road Saturday and struck the farm animals with the vehicle and then attack the creatures with a box cutter knife.
Matthew Dean Lail, 28, of Abees Grove Church Road, Valdese was discovered by officers with the Burke County Sheriff’s Office on Western Avenue just outside the grounds of the North Carolina Department of Corrections, Western Youth Institute.
Approaching the suspect, officers reported Lail had wandered on foot to the driveway just outside the local prison, covered in blood and carrying a razor box cutter.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Mass. police end 'High Five Friday' at schools after complaints
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department