Texas college knife attack suspect waives hearing
Dylan Quick, 20, is charged with three counts of aggravated assault
By Juan A. Lozano
HOUSTON — An attorney for a man accused of stabbing more than a dozen people at a Houston-area college says his client still doesn't completely understand what he is accused of doing.
Dylan Quick was to be arraigned Thursday on three counts of aggravated assault for the attack at Lone Star Community College in Cypress.
But Quick's attorney, Jules Laird, waived the reading of the probable cause statement so the 20-year-old would not have to appear in court. Laird says he didn't want a media circus surrounding what would have been Quick's first court appearance.
Quick was charged Tuesday with the incidents of that day.
Harris County authorities have said Quick told them he had been fantasizing for years about stabbing people.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house