3 burglars leave snow tracks for Wyo. police
Police found the 3 men in a home digging through several swords they had stolen
RIVERTON, Wyo. — Three men have been accused of stealing items that include a samurai sword — but according to central Wyoming police the suspects weren't exactly ninjas.
Authorities in Riverton say they tracked the men down by simply following a series of footprints in the snow leading away from a home where the robbery was reported.
Police Capt. Eric Murphy tells The Riverton Ranger that the tracks led investigators from the victim's house straight to another house where authorities found three men in their 20s "digging through" stolen property that included several other types of swords.
Police say they also found marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the home late Monday night. They say the suspects were arrested and face various robbery and drug charges.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help