Graphic video: Knife-wielding man leads police on pursuit
The man was caught attempting to burglarize a home in broad daylight
By Nelson Garcia
DENVER — A man wielding a knife leads police on a chase through Capitol Hill including the property of the Governor's Mansion after a botched burglary attempt.
Police say a man tried to steal items from a garage near the intersection of 8th Avenue and Pearl Street when the homeowner caught him in the act. The State Patrol says security noticed right away and placed the entire Governor's residence in lockdown. The only people inside the residence at the time were a tour group.
After leading police chase in a four block loop, the man ended up on a second floor balcony with holding police at bay momentarily with a knife. After about 15 minutes, police officers convinced the man to give up peacefully.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help