Knife-wielding Iowa man shot by police
The suspect was shot after threatening officers with a knife; he was hospitalized and expected to be okay
Targeted News Service
WATERLOO, Iowa — On Wednesday, May 15, at approximately 1:06 AM, Waterloo Police responded to a 911 call regarding a man with a knife near E 4th Street and Sycamore Street in Waterloo.
During the incident four Waterloo Police officers responded and located a man with a knife in the 200 block of E 4th St. The man has since been identified as 39 year old Richard Anderson who had recently moved from Minnesota to Cedar Falls, Iowa. Anderson threatened officers with the knife and was shot by Officer Thomas Frein.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Knife-wielding Iowa man shot by police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help