Video: Man charges Seattle police with knife, gets shot
The man survived the shooting and pleaded guilty to assault
By PoliceOne Staff
SEATTLE — KOMO News obtained dash cam video of a June confrontation between Seattle police and a knife-wielding man with a history of mental illness.
According to court records, a man called 911 several times to report a person outside his home with a large kitchen knife – who police later discovered was the same person, reporting himself.
Video shows the man, who has not been identified due to his mental illness, running toward police with a knife. Once he’s off camera, an officer fires one shot at the man.
According to the report, the man pleaded guilty this week to assault.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police