Colo. police shoot, kill man waving machete
The man had threatened his girlfriend with knives and came at officers with a machete before he was shot
BOULDER, Colo. — Police on Monday may release the name of a man who was shot and killed over the weekend by a police officer after he allegedly made threats with knives.
Boulder police responded to a domestic violence call at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at an apartment building at 3009 Madison Street. The call came in about a man making threats with knives.
When officers knocked on the suspect’s door there was no response until they say they forced the door open and the suspect jumped out from near the doorway with a knife and a machete.
Police asked the man to get down. When the suspect failed to comply an officer shot him twice with his rifle.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation